Monday, June 14, 2010

Client Website - Storyboard

Here's the part where I show you my planned layout for the client site. Luckily it's pretty simple so I shouldn't have to rely on graphics to show you, which is good because I don't have any.

The setup is really simple, partly because I'm new to website design, mostly because the client doesn't spend much time on the internet. So going with an elaborate and confusing layout would have been useless for her. Keeping it simple will make it easy for everyone to use the site.

The index page is also the home page, and a display page for new products. The client sells jams by the way. There will be a page listing what products are for sale, as well as a contact page so that people can send her an email about making a purchase. These were the required pages.

The extra pages - which were my idea - were more to improve her business image. There is an about page, with a small bio about how she started her business, and an awards page that lists her dozens of accolades in the field of cooking. This would serve as proof of the quality of her products, something every consumer should be looking out for.

The only other page I think may be necessary is a thank page, to confirm when a contact form has been sent. This one is a little iffy at the moment, as I'm not sure how well versed the client is with regular emails, let alone PHP forms. We shall work on this.

So here's the basic navigation, very linear I might add;

index (home) page
about (bio) page
menu (products) page
awards page
contact page - 'thank you' page

Every page is accesible from every other page, except the 'thank you' page, because it's only purpose is for assurance, rather than any actual content.

No comments:

Post a Comment