Monday, June 21, 2010

Reflection - Client Website

I feel this has been a valuable experience for me. I hadn't worked with a client before this assessment, and it's given me some insight about the business. I'm sure this will come in handy somewhere in the future.

I can't say that I've finished working with this client, at least in the short term. She has recently come to me with more ideas for the site, which has caused me to revise my statement in my previous entry about the completion date. If this were a real job I'd be making so much money for this.

Putting all that aside I can't say that I really like designing websites. It's not my thing. I can see how it would be useful to know how, and I'd probably feel differently if I were making one for myself, but for the most part I find it extremely boring. Coding, error-checking, getting PHP forms to work, I'd rather be focusing on design than construction.

No-one made Michelangelo build the Sistine Chapel before he painted it.

Well, at least I know I have the skills to fall back on another aspect of graphic design should I not find a job in my preferred area right away. Yeah, I'll go with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment